How do I register for a CRA user ID and password?
Click here to access the myCRA Website.
My Account for Individuals
You will have to complete two steps:
Step 1 – Provide personal information
- Enter your social insurance number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your current postal code or ZIP code.
- Enter an amount you entered on one of your income tax and benefit returns. Have a copy of your returns handy. (The line amount requested will vary. It could be from the current tax year or the previous one.) To register, a return for one of these two years must have been filed and assessed.
- Create a CRA user ID and password.
- Create your security questions and answers. You can also decide if you want a persistent cookie added to your computer, so you can access CRA Login Services using that same computer later without being asked for more identification.
Step 2 – Enter the CRA security code
To access your account, return to My Account for Individuals , select “CRA login,” and enter your CRA user ID and password. When prompted, enter your CRA security code.
You can log into CRA Login Services with a Sign-in Partner . This option lets you log in with a user ID and password that you may already have, such as for online banking.
For more information, see Sign-in Partners Help and FAQs.